Monday, November 21, 2011

Poem on social issues

My Labor
We get no pay
yet we do this every day 
the sun beats down on my bare back
I can not stop or i'll be attacked.
My voice is drowned out by the cries of pain
but they do not know that it is all in vain.
Then they come, they steal and kill until they've had their fill.
They have no heart or remorse and I still lie here with no voice.


This poem is about child labor. I think that child labor is wrong and that is why it was fought to get rid of it by many groups like the AFL and Knights of Labor. I think that it is important that we all are free and children should not be put to work at young ages. Many people have to work for their families to live but I think that those countries need to give parents and others more opportunity for work. I know that many of these countries are poor and it might be the only option but I think that in the future they should look to other options of work . This poem was about the pain and difficulties people have to face on a daily basis to provide for their families and how children are the main bread winners for their families. I also wanted to show how corrupt the people who run these places are and how people take advantage of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment