Tuesday, November 22, 2011

2 voice poem by: Erik and Gabriel

I am a Teenager
I fight for America
I fight for Vietnam


Going into war
I willingly went into war
I was drafted at 18


Fighting
I was a natural fighter
I struggled to shoot a gun


I want to go home
This war was a mistake, the nightmares are too much
I'm sick of fighting for what I don't believe in


I just want to see my family


Me and Gabe came up with this poem because we really thought it would be a good idea to show two different sides of the war and the two different perspectives of the soldiers in the war. We used a lot of our prior knowledge to get out our poem. 


I think that this is a really good poem because it shows how the two groups in the war differed and I think we tied it all together well in the end with the line that both of the people say together.

1 comment:

  1. Tehee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    by the way good job on the poem guys.

    ReplyDelete